IT System urbanization / Project Ownership – Project Management Assistance
Context and issues
In a context of permanent adaptation to economic requirements and unceasing technological innovations, IT system (IS) management becomes crucial in enterprises concerned with its performance and efficiency of its investments. The IT system is finally considered as a strategic lever that provides value and promotes agility.
In order to remain competitive, companies developed IT system urbanization approaches, a top-down approach with the following objectives:
- Make IT system scalability and suitability easy vis-à-vis the process;
- Highlight the cross-functional or joint functions, share it;
- And enhance the coherence of the IT Systems.
The urbanization strongly contributes to better IT System governance as well as its continuous transformation with the aim to:
- Better visualize and represent the state of the IT System and current developments;
- Optimize the use of resources (infrastructure, application, data, functionalities process ...)
- Ensure the responsiveness and flexibility (modularity, subsidiarity, decoupling) of the IT System itself;
- Simplify comprehensively the IT System
Talys consulting contribution
Talys consulting support you to define a target application landscape able to cover all your functional needs. The consultants’ team will be proactive and help you:
- Describe the IT System heritage;
- Control the business developments and future IT;
- Measure the impact of changes.
Talys consulting allows you to follow the necessary approach to achieve the ultimate goal using tools applied in the best practices
Approach and Contribution
Our approach consists in defining 5 town planning scheme, namely:
- A strategic plan: consists in formalizing strategic issues and relevant operational objectives
- The business plan: consists in identifying the business processes
- The functional plan or the Land Use Plan (LUP): describes the functionalities of the existing business and target
- The application plan: describes the programs which allow the implementation the functional plan
- The technical plan describes the infrastructure as well as the material resources.
Once the IT System is urbanized, the Project Ownership assistance can be in the choice of solution or to specific development.